Our business today faces a lot of environmental issues. The cost, availability, utilisation and management of energy and water, and the use of chemistry in the manufacturing and processing of our products all have implications for operations throughout the value chain, from the yarn producer to the end user.
It is our mission to reduce the impact of the company’s operations on the environment. The goal is to promote sustainability and environmental awareness at all levels of the company by:
- Complying with all applicable environmental legislation and sustainability commitments
- Preventing pollution and reducing consumption of resources through waste management strategies that promote waste reuse, recovery and recycling, as appropriate
- Incorporating energy efficiency measures into the company’s facilities and promoting efficient energy use in all areas of business activity
- Promoting and continuing to invest in technologies that provide alternatives for business travel
- Ensure our staff are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness and conversations to reduce those impacts.
- Pursuing a programme of continuous improvement by reviewing our Environmental Management System and related objectives and targets, policies and practices.
- The energy is scarce and we are in constant search for new, renewable, “green” energy. Although energy efficiency has always been a part of our operations, in recent years we have attempted to take further steps by promoting objectives and plans to reduce the energy and carbon intensity of our operations. An example is replacing traditional lighting by LED lights in production areas.